CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

God, you move me!

I sit down to write this because I wish that I could explain with words what I'm feeling right now. I will not be able to do it justice. Six months ago Chad, Andy, and I set out on a mission to start small groups for the youth (The Uprising). We started with about 5 kids. I remember thinking that we should just play cards because I didn't want to waste a great worship set and lesson on just 5 kids. Andy and Chad just moved forward as if there were 25 kids in the room. The experience was amazing the kids were moved to tears during the worship. Then Chad cast a vision to 5 kids about "the gathering". Those kids cried out to God to move in big ways. The group has grown every week. I am moved to tears EVERY single week. Even as I write this I want to weep. How in the world do I deserve to be a part of this amazing life changing experience. Teenagers are amazing. The are funny, full of energy, creative, sometimes selfish brats who are socially awkward, and even punks at times!
But because they wear their emotions on their sleeves they are raw, authentic, and transparent. So when they let God move in their hearts HE moves in big ways! And it rocks me to the core with a smile on my lips and tears streaming down my face. There's power in passion. 51 people crammed in my house last night for small group LOL yes I said 51 for small group. Chad, Andy and I stood in the corner together at one point looking around at the new faces and I of course fought back tears. My group was amazing, but that's another blog. I do have 3 funny stories to share though. This is why I love teenagers. I usually cook for all these kids, but last night was "pot luck" . I know I know after 14 yrs of student ministry you would think I would have "re named" the theme for the night.(maybe that's why we had 51) haha
So Andy asked one kid if he new what "pot luck" was and he said he googled it. LOL
Andy himself being 23 and single brought a jar of pickles. Another kid brought 6 whoopers (candy) and 3 nutragrain bars. Everyone did a great job though. One kid was going through a lot of stuff and got really emotional in group prayer time so Andy was talking to him in our laundry room. Well, when he came out his face was red and puffy from crying but he came out in style wearing my 6 yr old sons 3D glasses as a disguise. The first words out of his mouth were "Where's my ham? I put my plate down before I went in there" Beautiful! Adults aren't nearly as entertaining. LOL
So, now the house is quiet, all the food is gone, the floor is trashed, and I fell asleep on the sofa, but I can't wait till next week.... because GOD, YOU MOVE ME!!!!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics