CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

A God deed

We were shopping at Lakeline mall and were leaving the food court (us and the boys) and we passed by this man in an electric wheel chair who was leaned over trying to eat his sandwich off the table. So we passed him and rounded the corner and Chad said "did you see that" and I said sort of but I didn't really look at him because I didn't notice the sandwich thing. And chad said he can't reach his food. so we kept on walking then all of the sudden Chad turned around and walked back. Cameron was like "where is dad going?" I said "I think he's going back to check on that guy." So we also turned around to go back but he was way ahead of us so I couldn't see him. When I got there I realized he had gone back to FEED that guy his sandwich. He ask the guy if he needed help and the guy couldn't talk but chad introduced himself and he ask if he could help him with his food. So chad put the sandwich in the guys hand and helped him get started. Chad thinks the guy was saying he dropped it but once it was in his hand he could do it. Me and the boys just stood at a distance and watched. I was very proud of him today. Especially when I asked Cameron "do you think anyone else in the world would do what your dad just did" and Cameron looked at me and said "me". I almost started crying in the freaking food court. Chad is a great father and his boys are learning love and compassion by watching him.
Thanks for reading.......

4 comments:

Jmart84 said...

wow. that's really cool. i wish i had higher tolerance for "uncomfortability". I should pray for that. But if I pray for it them I'm definitely gonna get it, so I better be careful :P

Linda Vazquez said...

Very cool.What an amazing example for the boys. Cameron has such a huge heart and that will stick with him forever..
Miss you guys.

linz said...

I love this story. This is a great reminder that to look for ways to help people around us. My big bro is so kind hearted!

AnnaJ said...

Oh gosh.

1. Doesn't surprise me that Chad did that.

2. I cried too when I read that Cameron said, "Me." GEEZ that is beautiful!!

I am so happy for you Cat! What a GREAT family!

 
Clicky Web Analytics